8th ANNUAL RED NATION FILM FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES NOMINEES FOR RED NATION FILM AWARDS
RUSSELL MEANS TO RECEIVE THE “OYATE WAYANKA PO WIN LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD” at the Red Nation Awards Gala
October 27, 2011 Los Angeles, CA – The eighth annual RED NATION AWARDS GALA Star-Studded Red is Green Carpet commences an extraordinary show for this year’s presentation, taping on Monday, November 7 at CBS Studio Center in Studio City, CA. Hosted by Academy Award nominated actor Michael O’Keefe (“The Great Santini,” “Caddyshack,” “Ironweed,” “The Pledge”), the Baker Twins Shannon and Shauna (“Blue Mountain State”), Montano Rain (“Matrix Reloaded”, youth environmental activist) and RNFF founder/president Joanelle Romero (“Pow Wow Highway”, “American Holocaust: When It’s all over all still be Indian”), the 2011 RED NATION AWARDS GALA will premiere on Red Nation Television Channel, the first American Indian Television Channel on the internet on Thanksgiving week-end.
Legendary Russell Means an Oglala/Lakota and long time AIM activist, civil rights, and Actor will receive the “Oyate Wayanka Po Win Lifetime Achievement Award”. The Washington Post called Means “one of the biggest, baddest, meanest, angriest, most famous American Indian activists of the late twentieth century.” Star of “Pocahontas”, “Last of the Mohicans”, “Black Cloud”, and so many notable films and television appearances.
The RED NATION AWARDS GALA will acknowledge the achievements of today’s most famed American Indian filmmakers, actors and entertainers in 9 categories.
* Yellow Rock, Nick Vallelonga, Director
* Holy Man: The USA vs Douglas White, Jennifer Jessum Director
* Breaking Dawn. Bill Condon, Director
* Yellow Rock, Lenore Andriel, Nick Vallelonga, Daniel Veluzat, Steve Doucette, Robert Scheff, Dennis Doucette, Brad Kaye, Gabriel Johnson Producers
* Breaking Dawn, Wyck Godfrey producer and Summit Entertainment
* Every Emotion Costs, Joseph Mansourian Producer
* Michael Spears, Yellow Rock
* Alex Meraz, Breaking Dawn
* Nathaniel Arcand, Every Emotion Costs
* Michelle St John, Every Emotion Costs
* Maija Tailfeathers, White Indians Walking
BEST ACTOR IN SUPPORTING ROLE
* Zahn McClarnon, Yellow Rock
* Breaking Dawn, Bronson Pelletier
* Breaking Dawn, Kiowa Gordon
BEST ACTOR IN TELEVISION / MINI-SERIES / MOW
* Eddie Spears, Hell on Wheels
* Zahn McClarnon, Ringer
* Benjamin Bratt, Private Practice
BEST DOCUMENTARY SHORT and/or SPORTS FILM
* Run to the East, Henry Lu Director
* Off the Rez, Jonathan Hock Director
* Hamac Cazlin, H. Paul Moon Director
BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
* Holy Man: The USA vs Douglas White, Jennifer Jessum Director
* Remembering Inninimowin, Jules Koostachin Director
* Canoe Way: The Sacred Journey, Director
BEST NETWORK in Content or Casting
* ABC, 20/20 Hidden America – Children of the Plains
* AMC, Hell on Wheels
* CW / CBS, Ringer
* Michael Jackson > Red Nation Humanitarian Award
* Governor Jerry Brown > American Indian Heritage Month Award (Creating the Native Heritage Commission for the State of California)
* Stephanie Meyers Author / The Twilight Saga Red Nation Vision Award (Bring American Indian image into Pop Culture)
* Johnny Depp > Brando Award
* Carmen Lucas > Red Nation Cultural Preservation Award (protecting cultural resources throughout San Diego County. She is a retired Marine and in her 70′s)
* Carolyn Dunn > Red Nation Theatre Playwright Award
* Blackfire Family > Red Nation Activists Award (Benally’s tireless efforts to save sacred sites)
The RED NATION AWARDS GALA is a presentation of Red Nation Productions and Red Nation Media, directed by Joanelle Romero.
For more information and RED NATION AWARDS GALA *tickets*, please visit: www.rednationfilmfestival.com.
Red Nation Film Awards
“Red Nation Film Award of Excellence, Tribute Ceremony and American Indian Heritage Month Award” firmly establishes the presence of American Indian Cinema & Filmmakers in Los Angeles, the Entertainment Capital of the World, The Second Largest City in the country and the Largest American Indian Urban population in America with an unforgettable entertainment experience, recognizing excellence in USA American Indian Indigenous and international cinematic achievement, making Red Nation the largest and most prestigious celebrations of American Indian motion picture art form in Los Angeles and Indian Country America.
The Red Nation Statuette has positioned itself to become the most recognized American Indian trophy in the world. The Red Nation Film Award of Excellence Statuette is created to honor outstanding moviemaking achievements by American Indian filmmakers and thereby encourage excellence in all facets of motion picture production. (Conceptualized by Red Nation Inc. and designed by an acclaimed American Indian sculptor).
Red Nation Film Festival
Dedicated to breaking the barrier of racism by successfully replacing American Indian stereotype with recognition, new vision, arts, culture and economic prosperity by placing American Indian Filmmakers at the forefront of the entertainment industry and to introduce American Indian Filmmakers and Native Talent to larger, global mainstream.
Red Nation Television Channel (RNTC)
RNTC is the first all native internet television channel. RNTC was established May 2006 and launched three months before network internet shows.
Red Nation Television Channel carries a heritage that comes from the original storytellers of this land. “It’s time to tell and air our own stories and screen our own images—written, produced, acted, scored by American Indian storytellers,” says Joanelle Romero, chairperson of Red Nations Holdings, Inc and the creator of Red Nation companies. “To have American Indian contemporary images on Internet TV is more important than any other time in history. It’s important not only for economic status, but our channel will carry entertainment value; outreach resources, public relations opportunities, for the generation now and the generations to come.”
Red Nation Television Channel is a leader in providing quality American Indian Media Entertainment and content on the internet and will soon become so on television. Responding to the growth of Native American entertainment media in recent years. In building its place in show business, RNTC will compete with other distribution platforms to build a bankable market to support American Indian actors, filmmakers, and recording artists.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Red Nation Media
Leave a comment
No comments yet.